Selecting a carpet cleaning company isn’t easy. There are over 80 carpet cleaning companies in Lee and Collier County. Many of them are part-time business owners who operate out of their car or use portable cleaning equipment instead of powerful truck-mounted technology. Some even offer “dry cleaning” services which are nothing more than a technician misting a “cleaning agent” on the carpeting and then using a buffer to wipe it up.
The real dilemma is finding the right cleaning company.
Here are 5 tips for choosing the right company.
1. Do they have good references? Check with the Better Business Bureau or investigate the company’s reputation online. Tru-Clean Surface Care is proud to report that we have an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau and are a six-year-in-a-row-winner of the coveted Angie’s List Super Service Award.
2. Are they well educated in their field? Consider hiring a company whose technicians are certified and experienced. Without proper training, your cleaning job could end in disaster. Tru-Clean Surface Care’s technicians are certified by the world’s most prestigious certification organization for textile professionals.
3. Do they have insurance? Believe it or not, 80% of the cleaning companies in Florida DO NOT have liability or workers compensation insurance. If something goes wrong in your home or business, YOU could be held liable or responsible to fix their mistakes. In addition, if their employee slips and falls in your home and the employer has no workers compensation insurance, the employee will sue the homeowner. Tru-Clean Surface Care maintains One Million Dollars of Liability Insurance.
4. Do they have a strong guarantee? Only hire a company with a 100% guarantee. If any spot returns within 14 days of your cleaning you want to make sure they’ll come back to your home at no charge.
5. Are their cleaning solutions environmentally responsible, allergen-free AND 100% safe for small children and pets? Many carpet cleaners use caustic cleaning solutions that leave behind residues that attract dirt easily and can transfer to our children and pets. Tru-Clean Surface Care’s cleaning solutions are environmentally responsible and GOLD certified.
If you follow all these tips you’ll have a lot better chance of succeeding at hiring a professional cleaning company. Also please feel free to visit our website to view the video on how to protect yourself from “Bait and Switch” carpet cleaning companies.
Tru-Clean Surface Care is a family-owned environmentally responsible carpet, tile and upholstery cleaning company serving all of Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Lee, Charlotte and Collier County. We are a Certified Partner with the prestigious Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) and the International Carpet & Rug Institute (CRI).
For more information on our company please visit us online at www.trucleansurfacecare.com or “call us on the carpet” anytime at 239-541-4888.