Carpet Cleaning Lee, Collier, and Charlotte County
A Higher Standard – A Cleaner Clean
As one of the fastest-growing and most referred carpet, tile and upholstery cleaning service organizations in Cape Coral, Naples, Punta Gorda, and Fort Myers, Tru-Clean Surface Care has built its business by providing customers with exceptional service and quality.
As a matter of policy, every technician is certified by The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), the world’s most recognized certification organization for carpet and textile professionals. In addition, each employee is background checked on a bi-annual basis and regularly attends industry-sponsored educational courses and seminars designed to keep them informed and at the top of their game.
Tru-Clean Surface Care uses the most advanced environmentally friendly systems on the market today. We insist on the very best equipment, products, and cleaning solutions. The cleaning agents and procedures we use do not leave any dirt-attracting residues behind. You can expect maximum soil and spot removal and anything that is not a permanent stain can be removed with our cutting-edge procedures.
Difficult stains that cannot be removed without specialty chemical mixtures and man-hours will be pointed out to the customer in advance and will require an additional charge. If we are unable to remove a stain, there’s no charge for that particular service. What could be fairer?
Tru-Clean Surface Care is committed to first-class customer care. Our courteous, uniformed technicians will arrive in clean, lettered company trucks and you can expect to receive the most outstanding service ever!
Tru-Clean Surface Care offers a 100% money-back guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied within 14 days after the completion of any of our services, we will return at no charge to address that area. If you are still unsatisfied, we will honor our money-back guarantee.
Our Thoroughly Exhaustive Carpet Cleaning Service includes:
- Pre-Inspect carpeting with Xenon Light to locate hidden bacteria and/or pet urine
- Pre-spotting of all visible spots
- Pre-Spray carpeting with emulsifying cleaning solutions to loosen soils, oil, dust mites and pollen
- Thoroughly steam clean all carpeting using allergen-free cleaning solutions
- pH condition rinse carpeting to ensure a soft, fresh feel
- Fan assisted drying to that carpeting is dry within hours and not days
- Post-inspection with the client to assure we’ve met their highest expectations for quality
- A bottle of a professional-grade spotter is provided to the client for life’s little “oops”
Note: To complement our thoroughly exhaustive carpet cleaning service, we offer professional-grade Scotchgard fiber protection.
Scotchgard is assured the be one of the best fiber protectors against re-soiling and staining. By resisting dry soil, less soil is able to bond to your carpeting, therefore more is picked up each time you vacuum. The stain protection afforded by Scotchgard is designed to keep “foreign dyes” such as the red dyes in Kool-Aid from penetrating your carpet fiber.
Eight Reasons You Should Always Have Professional Grade Carpet Protector Applied
- Reduces Permanent Stains – A great looking carpet can be ruined by an ugly spot. Unprotected carpet doesn’t repel spillage as well as protected carpet. The protector will allow you to remove spots and spills more effectively, therefore helping you to avoid permanent staining.
- Helps save your traffic areas from becoming destroyed. Traffic area soil is very abrasive and cuts carpet yarns like a knife. This damaging soil can readily bond to an unprotected carpet. By applying a carpet protector, you will increase the life of your carpet dramatically. When you vacuum your protected carpet, the soils will release from the carpet pile much more efficiently.
- Make spots easier to remove. Many spots can be removed easily with just water or our neutral spotter provided at the conclusion of your carpet cleaning.
- Makes your next professional cleaning more effective. Having protector applied to your carpet will enhance your future, more soil will be removed the next time your carpeting is professionally cleaned.
- Carpeting that has been protected can help improve indoor air quality as many allergens cannot hold on to the fibers of your carpet and are easily removed during your vacuuming process.
- Helps avoid costly service calls. Although you want to call us to handle any spot you cannot remove immediately, carpet protector enables you to lift more spots than you could without a protector. You may be able to save a minimum charge by eliminating the spot.
- Your carpet will look better and last longer when it is protected.
- One-year guarantee. If we apply professional-grade carpet protector and you experience a spot you cannot remove using the professional-grade spotter provided, give us a call, and we will attempt spot removal at no cost to you. If we are unable to remove the spot, we will refund the price paid for the protector in the affected room. What could be more fair?
As a busy mother with four kids, two dogs, two cats, a skunk (yup a skunk), and a mechanic husband, our carpeting takes a beating. I know I can count on Tru-Clean Surface Care to deliver a quality carpet cleaning and that’s why they’re the only carpet cleaning company I trust.
Donna S. – Fort Myers, FL
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are those ugly black lines around the baseboards and under doorways?
A. If you have a light-colored carpet, you may have experienced these dark lines that appear on the carpet. This soiling is called filtration soiling because it comes from air passing through the carpet as it is attempting to get through the crack between the carpet and the baseboard or under a closed door. As the air passes through the edge of the carpet pile, this microscopic soiling is deposited there (hence the term filtration soiling). This occurs over a significant period of time and is not noticed until a buildup has occurred.
This type of soiling is difficult to remove because the soil particles are so fine that they penetrate deep into the carpet pile, sometimes into the backing of the carpet. Can it be removed? Sometimes. With special products, time and effort, reasonable results can sometimes be achieved. To help prevent filtration soiling, vacuum and wipe the edges of the carpeting on a regular basis. Be careful around the tack strip on the edge of the carpeting, because it could nick your fingers!
Q. How safe is your carpet cleaning and protection method?
A. We use only the highest quality, safest cleaning solutions on the market. They are allergen-free and safe for pets and small children.
Q. What process do you use to clean carpet?
A. Tru-Clean Surface Care is experienced in all methods of cleaning and cleans according to the manufacturer recommendations. Most of the carpet cleaning provided is done with the “truck-mounted hot water extraction” method. If you live in a tower or above the 3rd floor of a building we will use powerful portable equipment capable of delivering the same cleaning results as truck-mounted units.
Q. How long does the carpet take to dry?
A. The normal drying time is anywhere from 2 to 3 hours depending on weather conditions, room temperature, airflow, and overall cleaning conditions.
Q. I’ve heard it’s best to put off having your carpet cleaned as long as possible, is this true?
A. No. In fact, many of the major carpet mills recommend professional cleaning at least once per year. The buildup of soil in your carpet, in combination with foot traffic, creates abrasion (carpet sanding) that breaks down your carpet’s fibers. The higher the traffic in a given area, the more often the carpet will need cleaning. Also, be advised that traffic lanes are actual damage to the carpeting and cannot be “cleaned away.”
Q. Does your cleaning process soak the backing of the carpet?
A. No, although our process rinses the carpet deep down, moisture does not penetrate the backing of the carpet. With our powerful truck-mounted equipment, your carpet is thoroughly rinsed but left only damp to the touch.
Q. Can you get the pet odor out of my carpet?
A. Pet odor is a very common problem. At Tru-Clean Surface Care, we can help you deal with your pet challenges. From minor problems to major headaches Tru-Clean Surface Care can help find the solution that works best for you.
The problem with pet odor is that it can be much deeper than it first appears. Pet urine can easily soak through the backing of the carpet into the padding underneath. In more severe cases the urine can penetrate into the sub-floor beneath the padding. This creates a problem that is multi-layered.
The urine also provides for the growth of bacteria. This, in turn, contributes to a worsening of the odor problem and can contribute to permanent color loss of the carpet fiber.
To eliminate this problem the urine must be removed or neutralized from each of the layers effected. If the contamination is limited to only the face yarn of the carpet then the cleaning itself may effectively remove the odor. In more severe cases a urine neutralizer combined with live enzymes may be applied.
In the most severe cases, replacement of the carpet padding, treatment of the underside of the carpet and the sub-floor may be required.
Left untreated over a period of time pet odor can become absorbed into many of the porous materials in your home. Draperies, sheetrock, upholstered furniture, baseboards, grout, and even the concrete foundation are just a few of the materials that can absorb these odors.
At Tru-Clean Surface Care, we offer a range of solutions to help you with your pet odor problems. After all, we love our pets and want to keep them a part of our family. Pet ownership adds to the challenge of maintaining a clean and healthy home.
At Tru-Clean Surface Care, we can help you meet those challenges.
Q. What does it mean to “clean to the standards?”
A. In 1992, representatives from the carpet manufacturing industry, the carpet cleaning industry, and the federal government all agreed upon a common set of standards for the carpet cleaning industry. These standards are now referred to as the CRI standards. Tru-Clean Surface Care offers all of these methods and can select the process that’s right for your needs.
It was agreed that each of these cleaning processes should include these common steps:
- Pre-treat spots, stains and heavily soiled areas
- Hot Water Extraction
- A thorough rinse
- Move furniture that can be moved safely
- Complete Drying within 24 hours
While many carpet cleaners ignore the aforementioned recommended guidelines in an effort to speed through clients homes and increase their bottom line, Tru-Clean Surface Care endorses these important guidelines and in-fact EXCEEDS them!
Cleaning your carpet in accordance with these industry standards will help assure that you’ll receive a quality cleaning job.
Tru-Clean Surface Care’s thoroughly exhaustive cleaning process will leave your carpeting fresh and clean and you can expect dry times between 1-3 hours.
Q. What are “traffic lanes” and “carpet sanding?”
A. Traffic lanes and carpet sanding are synonymous with each other and simply means the carpeting in a particular area has been damaged due to repetitive foot traffic.
When we repetitively walk in the same area over and over and over again carpet fibers develop scratches or what we call in the industry abraded.
Carpeting is made up of thousands upon thousands of very small thread-like fibers that are twisted together. These fibers are basically translucent pieces of plastic. That means light can pass through them, like a colored Plexiglas.
As you know, when Plexiglas gets scratched it becomes dull, distorted and dirty. Well improperly cared for carpet can look the same and most carpeting is made of nylon which is a form of plastic. What scratches carpet is gritty soil and sand that is left on the carpet and when walked on it rubs against the carpet’s fibers and scratches them.
After repetitive scratching, a professional carpet cleaner can clean the soil and sand out but the damage already done is irreversible and you get what is known as traffic lane gray. This is where the fibers are clean, but since they are so damaged they do not reflect light back to the eyes and now take on a dull appearance which is commonly mistaken for soiled carpeting when in-fact, your carpeting is clean – but PERMANENTLY damaged. No amount of “cleaning” can reverse this condition.
You can reduce the possibility of traffic lanes and sanding by:
- Placing a mat at the entryways into your home.
- Vacuum your carpets at least once a week – especially in the traffic areas
- Have your carpets professionally steam cleaned every 12-18 months
- Always ensure your carpets have adequate carpet protector applied
- Treat spills as soon as they occur: Carpet Stain Removal
Q. My carpeting has pet urine stains in several areas. Can you remove these stains?
A. Our thoroughly exhaustive pet urine treatment is highly effective in treating deep-set bacteria found in carpeting or grout as a result of pet and human accidents. With reference to the “stain” left behind, successful removal is dependent upon several factors including:
- How long the stain has been on the carpeting or grout
- If an inappropriate spotting solution has been used to try to remove the stain
- The pH of the urine when deposited
- If the carpeting or grout has stain protector applied
- The quality of the carpeting
Based on the above conditions, urine stains may be successfully removed so long as the urine has not “burned” an image into the carpet fibers or grout. Stain removal cannot be guaranteed.
The longer urine is left untreated, the greater the likelihood of permanent damage to the carpeting, grout, or even subflooring. Depending on the pH level of the urine at the time it’s deposited, it can be highly acidic and damaging to your textile. The sooner you are able to treat the urine deposit, the greater the likelihood spotting can be removed.
In 90% of all cases we are able to remove urine stains from carpeting and in those instances where the stain is permanent, and with the homeowner’s approval, we are able to dye the affected area or use a bonded insert (carpet patch) to remove the damaged area and replace with a new piece of carpeting. For stained grout, we offer grout color sealing services.
What You Should Know…
At Tru-Clean Surface Care, we can instruct you on the proper day-to-day care of your carpets and rugs. We offer a free, downloadable Care Guide to help you keep your home or business looking great.