Dryer Vent Cleaning
Did you know that clogged dryer vents are the leading cause of residential fires in the United States?
The most common cause of house fires is clogged clothes dryer vents; not smoking in bed, not cooking, not frayed electrical wires or Christmas trees, as people might guess.
Over 15,500 house fires a year are caused by clogged clothes dryer vents resulting in approximately 35 deaths, 425 injuries and over $205 million in property damage. A family’s dreams and memories can be destroyed in minutes.
If you find your clothes are still wet or too hot when they come out of the dryer or your energy bills seem higher than normal or if your clothes are taking longer to dry, it’s time for a dryer vent cleaning.
Tru-Clean Surface Care’s dryer vent cleaning professionals can help save you money on energy bills while reducing drying times and helping to prevent a dangerous fire due to a clogged dryer vent.
How Can I Tell If I Need A Dryer Vent Cleaning?
- Your clothes are taking too long to dry
- The airflow from your outside vent feels sluggish
- Your outside vent flapper does not open when the dryer is on
- Your clothes seem unusually hot to the touch or damp at the end of the cycle
- After the drying cycle, your clothes smell musty
- Large amounts of lint accumulate in or around the dryer’s lint trap
- The dryer vent hood flap doesn’t open properly during the drying process
- Debris appears around the outside dryer vent opening
- You feel excessive heat in the room where the dryer is operating
- It’s been more than a year since your last dryer vent cleaning
The Benefits Of A Clean Dryer Vent System
- Your clothes will dry faster and the faster they dry, the less your electric bill
- You will significantly reduce the chances of a fire or premature aging of your appliance
- Your dryer will operate more efficiently, use less energy and save you money
- You will minimize dust and humidity in your home
- You will help extend the life of your clothing by reducing excessive heat damage
- You will reduce the chances of a fire or permanent damage to your dryer
Tru-Clean Surface Care’s Thoroughly Exhaustive Dryer Vent Cleaning Services
Our top to bottom approach to dryer vent cleaning will ensure that you receive the most outstanding service experience ever.
- We use specialized equipment to video scope your dryer duct system to look for obstructions and damage so that we can formulate the exact cleaning requirement of your job.
- We perform a Digital airflow test to measure and compare the airflow of your dryer vent before and after cleaning.
- Once we have examined the interior of your dryer duct system and performed an airflow test, our technician will then remove any obstructions (ie. Bird nests, dead rodents, pet hair buildup, socks, dryer sheets, nuts and seeds left by animals, animal droppings, construction debris etc.) and begin the lint removal process. Our duct cleaning is performed using rotary brush extraction and a powerful vacuum recovery system. We will clean the entire dryer duct system and vacuum under and around the dryer. We will also check your dryer’s exhaust vent that connects from your dryer to the vent intake located in your wall.
- Lint and debris removal is just the beginning of our dryer vent cleaning process. Because your dryer vent also carries moisture and potentially serves as a housing for rodents, feces, and bird nests, we thoroughly sanitize your dryer vent with a hospital-grade bactericide.
- Our final process is returning your dryer to its original location and making sure your exhaust vent is appropriately connected.
Quick Tip: Remove your dryer vent screen and run it under a faucet. If the water beads or puddles, your screen has an oily substance that is blocking airflow. To remove this film simply apply your favorite dish detergent to the screen, scrub lightly with a soft brush and rinse.
Commercial Dryer Vent Cleaning Services
If your business uses a clothes dryer, chances are you are more likely to experience drying or potential fire issues due to clogged dryer duct lines.
Having your dryer vents professionally cleaned by Tru-Clean Surface Care will help reduce the risk of fire at your place of business, speed up the drying process and help reduce energy costs.
Our commercial clients include:
- Carpet and Restoration cleaning companies
- Hair Salons and Spas
- Emergency Medical Clinics
- Senior and Assisted Living Facilities
- Fitness Centers
- Daycare Facilities
- Veterinary Practices and Pet Groomers
- Commercial laundry facilities
Commercial users of dryers should have their duct system inspected and cleaned every twelve months.