According to leading appliance manufacturers, consumers should have their dryer vents cleaned and checked every 12-24 months, depending on dryer usage.
Most people are not aware of the importance and advantages of a professionally cleaned dryer vent, nor do they realize the dangers a clogged dryer vent can present.
Through time, lint develops on the walls of the dryer vent and eventually clogs your vent system, raising the potential for home fires! Since lint is highly combustible, a clogged system retains heat that could ignite, causing a house fire.
Birds and rodents also tend to make your dryer vent a home due to the warm environment it creates. They may be able to enter your duct system through the roof cap or damaged venting going from the wall through the attic. We have cleaned numerous vents and found bird nests, nuts and twigs, dead baby chicks, and other items that rodents and birds carried to make a nest.
News You Can Use
The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) reports dryer-related home fires are on the increase. CPSC figures show that in one year alone, there were 16,800 dryer fires which caused 30 deaths, 430 injuries, and 97.3 million dollars in property damage. Thousands of these could have been prevented had the homeowner simply had their dryer vent checked and cleaned.
Tru-Clean Surface Care cares about your safety. We urge you to have your dryer vents inspected and cleaned, whether by one of our technicians or any other reputable source. Put your family’s safety in the hands of a professional. In doing so, you will not only keep your family and investment safe but will also improve the efficiency of your dryer, saving you money on your utility bill.
How To Tell If My Dryer Vent Needs To Be Cleaned
- If your clothes take more than one cycle to dry
- Are your clothes unusually hot when you remove them from the dryer
- Does your laundry room have lint and dust particles floating around or on other appliances
- If your dryer exterior is hot to the touch – you might want to have your venting inspected
- Burning smell coming from your dryer or clothes
- The lint flap isn’t opening when the dryer is on
Not only will a clogged dryer vent cause a fire, but the life of your dryer is also significantly reduced due to excessive heat, wear and tear.
If you can’t recall the last time a professional cleaned your dryer vents, it may be time to have them checked, especially if you are a renter. You can’t put a price tag on the peace of mind your inspection and cleaning will provide.
Our Dryer Vent Cleaning Process
- We examine the dryer vent system with a camera looking for lint buildup, foreign articles such as animals, nests, nuts, and animals
- The vent system is rotary cleaned and vacuumed with either a higher-powered extractor or truck mount
- The duct is inspected a second time to ensure quality
- The duct system is then fogged with a disinfectant to inhibit bacterial growth
- The dryer lint screen, holder, under and around the dryer is vacuumed
- The dryer transition hose is inspected for leaks and crushing to ensure proper ventilation from the dryer to the duct system
- The dryer is returned to its original location
Tru-Clean Surface Care is a Certified Partner with the prestigious Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), the International Carpet & Rug Institute (CRI), and we are A+ Rated with the Better Business Bureau. Tru-Clean Surface Care is also an eight-year-in-a-row-winner of the coveted Angie’s List Super Service Award.
For more information about Tru-Clean Surface Care and the services we offer, please visit us online at www.TruCleanSurfaceCare.com or call us anytime at 239-541-4888 – Cape Coral and Lee County, 239-206-1935 – Bonita Springs, Naples, and Marco Island or 941-621-2198 – Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte, Florida.
You can also visit us on our Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/TruCleanSurfaceCareFL
A clean dryer vent will allow your clothes to dry faster while using less electricity and extending the life of your appliance. Call Tru-Clean Surface Care today and schedule your dryer vent cleaning.
Tru-Clean Surface Care performs dryer vent cleaning services in the cities of Cape Coral, Fort Myers, North Fort Myers, Fort Myers Beach, Sanibel, Captiva, North Captiva, Useppa, Estero, Bonita Springs, Naples, Marco Island, Alva, Buckingham, Lehigh Acres, Matlacha, Saint James City and Bokeelia Florida.