Slip Resistant Flooring in SW Florida
Protect Your Loved Ones with Slip-Resistant Flooring
According to the National Council on Aging and the National Safety Council
- Slip and fall accidents account for over 8 million hospital emergency room visits (over 21,000 a day) annually.
- Half of all accidental deaths in the home are caused by a fall with most happening from ground level, not from an elevation. According to the CRC, more than 15,000 people over the age of 65 died as a result of a fall in 2005.
- Each year in the United States, one of every four persons over the age of 65 will experience a fall. Half of which are repeat fallers and falls are the second leading cause of injury-related death for those between 65-84.
- Half of all elderly adults (over the age of 65) hospitalized for hip fractures cannot return home or live independently after a fracture.
- Of all fractures from falls, hip fractures are the most serious and lead to the greatest health problems and number of deaths.
Imagine, over 21,000 people a day are admitted to the emergency room due to a slip and fall accident. Many of these admissions are the elderly who have slipped in their home due to liquids on the floor from taking a bath, showering, or washing dishes. Recovering from a slip and fall accident isn’t pleasant, and for some, there is no recovery.
Slip Resistant Coating
Tru-Clean Surface Care is proud to offer a service that can make natural stone, ceramic, porcelain, fiberglass and wood surfaces slip-resistant while offering peace of mind to loved ones.
We can apply an almost invisible coating that microscopically etches a tread, thereby increasing slip resistance and friction from the treated surface to the bottom of shoes and feet. This process will not degrade stone, tile, fiberglass, or wood.
Once installed by our professional technicians, the floors are ready to be walked on within thirty minutes, and depending on the service purchased, slip resistance can last up to ten years.
Our slip-resistant coating is the perfect safety addition to bathrooms, kitchens, pool areas, bathtubs, shower floors, and any place where safety is a concern. Many nursing homes and restaurants use our products as do families concerned about their loved ones who may be snowbirds to SW Florida.
Tru-Clean Surface Care is a Certified Partner with the prestigious Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) and the International Carpet & Rug Institute (CRI). In addition, we are A+ Rated with the Better Business Bureau and a six-year-in-a-row-winner of the coveted Angie’s List Super Service Award. Our safety products are non-toxic and safe for pets and infants.
For more information about Tru-Clean Surface Care, please visit us online at www.TruCleanSurfaceCare.com or call us any time at 239-541-4888.
If you’re concerned about slip and fall hazards in your home or business, give us a call today and let’s discuss the options available.