Have you ever had the experience of eating French fries with some ketchup while watching your favorite movie on DVD?
Unfortunately, while your eyes are glued on the television screen, you could accidentally spill some ketchup and get a big, nasty stain on the carpet.
Ketchup stains can be quite tough because they are very noticeable and can leave your carpet’s appearance ruined. Cleaning it up is also a challenge because ketchup stains can be very stubborn and act as a dye making them extremely difficult to remove. Thankfully, this stain can be cleaned effectively as long as you know what you are doing and act as soon as the spill occurs.
The following steps should be followed in the event you spill ketchup on your carpeting:
1. Clear the carpet of any excess ketchup by using a dull knife or spoon and scooping it up. Just be careful as you do this though as you don’t want to accidentally spread the stain further.
2. Next, add a few drops of water onto the stained area of the carpet. This will aid in diluting the ketchup stain and helping to make it a little lighter. This will definitely help in making the stain much easier to remove. Blot the stain with some paper towels until it becomes dry.
3. Now you’ll need a carpet cleaning solution to use on the stain. What you can do is create one yourself by using some items you can find inside your home. You can do this by mixing a teaspoon of white vinegar with a cup of warm water. Place this mixture inside a spray bottle and bring it to your carpet.
4. Apply some of the cleaning solution directly onto the stain. Make sure that you use only enough as using too much can cause residue to be left behind and cause damage over time. Let the stain soak in the cleaning solution first and then afterwards get a clean white cloth to blot the area using a clean white cloth. The stain will start transferring from the carpet and onto the cloth and soon enough it will be completely gone.
5. Rinse the carpet with a cup of clean water and then dry it using a wet/dry vac. This step is to ensure that no cleaning solution residue will get left behind.
If you are still having trouble getting the stain out yourself, give Tru Clean a call.
Tru Clean is a family owned environmentally responsible carpet cleaning company and all of our technicians are certified by the world’s most respected certification body for textile professionals.
We are a Super Service Award winner and A+ rated company by the Better Business Bureau and Angie’s List and our cleaning solutions are environmentally friendly, allergen-free and safe for pets and small children.
For more information on Tru Clean please visit us online at trucleansurfacecare.com or call us any time at 239-541-4888. We offer convenient evening and Saturday appointments and all major credit cards are accepted.